Transatlantic is an emerging metal explorer and developer with focus on high grade and high margin ore deposits to operate and mine. The Company is engaged in the acquisition and exploration of mineral property interests such as the US Grant Gold/Silver Property and the Monitor Copper/Gold Property. Shareholder value is driven through development and expansion of existing assets, together with selective investments and future earning accretive acquisitions.
US Grant Gold/Silver – The US Grant Mine Property is located in the Alder Gulch, Madison County, Montana, 3 kilometers from the township of Virginia City. The Alder Gulch is the location of the original gold discovery in the early territory of Montana.
Monitor Copper/Gold – The Monitor Project is located along the eastern extension of North Idaho’s Coeur dÁlene Mining District which has historically produced in excess of 1.2+ B ounces of silver, 8.3M tons of lead, 3.3M tons of zinc, 207,000 tons of copper and 529,000 ounces of gold. The Coeur dÁlene district is the second largest producer of silver in the world within a mining friendly jurisdiction.
US Grant Gold/Silver
• Secure and finance development of the existing mine development openings
• Surface and underground drilling to develop and upgrade mineral resource
• Exploration through mine development and target drilling to increase mine life
• Utililization and commission the 40 tonnes per day mill
• Staged expansion of additional mill from 150 to 300 tonnes per day capacity
• Ramp up production from 10,000 – 15,000 ounces to 30,000 ouncespa within 3 years
• Strategic district review for long term sustainable mining
• Secure and finance exploration
• Surface exploration sampling and mapping
• Surface and underground drilling
• Open historical adits and target a 10,000 tonne metallurgical mine parcel
• Underground drilling
• Develop and estimate a mineral resource
• Feasibility and construction
THE US GRANT PROJECT
The US Grant Mine Property is a project on patented ground that includes at least 7 known high grade gold and silver veins. Transatlantic Mining Corp has a Purchase Agreement that includes a total purchase price of $6M USD payable in installments of $2M USD in May 2017, 2018 and 2019. The US Grant Property includes the US Grant Mill. The Company is expanding the mill and expects future capacity to reach 300 tonnes per day.
The US Grant Property has been historically mined on 3 levels using underground adios and overhand stoping. Transatlantic Mining Corp is opening up old workings trial mining and developing new lower levels for mining using traditional decline developments.
THE MONITOR PROJECT
The Monitor Vein and the Richmond Vein are the two of the major copper-gold ore veins that have been historically mined to the 1920’s. This is considered the primary production target on the Monitor Property. In concert with the new geology model applied, there is a strong preferential structural trend to host and test targets including the Big Elk Project along the Copper Corridor.
• All the mineral deposits lie within the tenement claims within the Copper Corridor that will be systematically explored and developed to an operating mine.
• There were no historical drillholes into the veins and emphasis is now placed on drilling further the projections from the known and previously mined ores.
• Transatlantic Mining has planned drilling from surface and underground to develop mineral resources on the US Grant and Monitor properties.
• Drilling is designed to test the underground extensions of the US Grant Vein and will then look towards other vein structures on the property.
• Transatlantic completed one phase of surface drilling in 2015 and will follow up on additional phases of drilling in the future at the Monitor Project.
• The surface drill program will also explore for new sulphide ore shoots in untested or unmined areas of the current known high grade veins positions.
The Company is focused on generating cash flow through the US Grant Project in the near term. It will continue to develop the Monitor Project and review to acquire any future earning accretive mining opportunities.